Friday 6 July 2007

Voodoo Programming

Here's a concept I just found out: voodoo programming.
I've had people around me doing this and I had a hard time explaining to others what these guys do, now I have a quick way to categorize them. 
OK, so voodoo programming is basically programming without fully understanding. 
Just push run and if it works, call it your masterpiece :) Come on, there are so many people that do this. First step is google for the code that does what you want. Then copy, paste and run. If it works, job done, carry on with the next task...

These programmers are called witch doctors, pretty nifty, don't you think?
Well, gladly for me, I like to consider myself a guru or wizard. And yes, I'd like to be thought the same by those around me.

More info here. Thanks for Thau, he's the one that I heard this concept from.

No comments: